Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunday Report: Nope. Nothing---FTP Double-guaranteed week!

I had a long day of running below expected. Played 21 mtts and was down about $260. Sundays seem to be the day that has been giving me the most trouble lately. Cashed in just one of the 21 mtts I played and after 6-barrelling the double-deuce, I can see why I had such a down day. Played pretty well I thought. One thing I seem to be doing is getting too much money in preflop as just a slight favourite. I think I get it in my mind that they are just small tournaments so I can try to double early, but I may be costing myself by not allowing more decisions to be made postflop.

DOUBLE GUARANTEED WEEK BEGINS TOMORROW!

After looking at varying strategies on P5's I think I will be using the one that allows me to play the lower end of my tournaments ($11 fo and less and $3r and less) and put max entries into those. I think this is ideal for me as I do find my most success in those. Though I have a busy week I am excited because I know I have been giving myself more chances as I get playing more often. I will definitely be hoping to avoid all-in preflops as many tourneys progress as I seem to be losing that key flip or 80-20 when all the equity is on the line.

Also, my tournamentpokeredge.com membership runs out in about two weeks and I am trying to decide if I should keep it or not. I have been watching every video made but am not finding that they are adding too much to my game. A reason for that could be that most of the more skilled players are playing the HSMTTS and I am still playing the low/micros where the intricacies of their play is useful. 

I am happy to get a chance to keep playing though as my roll was almost gone a couple weeks ago. I have been stuck at around $11k profit for the year for a while now and hope to make the next jump in the next week. I am also hoping to hit the 500mtts for the month this week aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment