Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's not much, but it will have to do.

Amidst my quest for bankroll recovery I have been able to fix a few leaks that I think I have had in my game for the last little bit: I have been playing scared. I remember I made a withdrawal in mid February that lead me to that position. With my bankroll at around $4500 I thought I had more than enough and that I could even afford to pull out $2000 to throw in the bank without worrying too much. I did and right afterwards began the big downswing. Now looking at my stats over the past month is kinda sad. I have moved from a legit low-mid stakes grinder to a micro-low player. For me this is embarrassing in that not many people can make a living off playing the micros. From when I was staked my average buy-in has moved from around $40 to about $11. I just can't believe it happens. At what point did I think a $26 buy-in would be my biggest of the day?!!
There is, however, a reason for the change. It really has a lot to do with the quality of the tournaments that Full Tilt has at the low stake and how profitable they are. When I look at my last 10 scores, none of them are in a $26 mtt. This is rediculous to me considering winning one of those was my first big score and that was over two years ago!

I am really enjoying playing the low stuff and usually I am the best player that gets deep in these things. What I would like to do is increase my success late in the $26 daily mtts.

I was able to make a deep run in the $1 1rebuy 1add-on today. I picked up a second place score of $1190 and was okay with the second only because I got lucky when we were down to about 12- I won with 44 v. kk v 99. I picked spots well and was a 9-1 dog headsup with 12bbs. We got it allin the first hand with my a9s shoving after he limp called the button ako. It was fine and not a bad return on a $3 investment.



Bankroll in manageable position and hoping to keep it that way for the time being. I can feel the scores piling on. I have been getting deep in the midnight madness every night and am just waiting for the right time to win a flip late. Soon I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment