Thursday, March 3, 2011

New PB in MTT Volume Achieved (45): Another Losing Day

As said above I took a lot of time today to try to get some good volume in. I have been looking all over the place and trying different things in an attempt to get my poker game back on track and into the winning flow again. Today I thought it would be good to play a bunch of the 45 and 90 man sit-n-goes. I was able to pump out 40 mtts (including the morning slate with the sngs) and found myself down about $160. I took a few hours off in the afternoon and plate the evening slate. As you can find playing only 5 tournaments at a time, things can get slow. I was, however, happier with the way I played with just the 5 tables going but didn't make any great deep runs. 

I have heard people talk about when you get into slumps and wondering how you ever won before. I think I am in something like that right now. It has been over 3 weeks since I made a final table and I have had 12 straight losing sessions. I have to change something, I think. For the rest of the week I will try to get things back together. I am on a $1200 downswing and have let almost half my bankroll dwindle. I can always get more money, that is for sure. However, if I do I won't be reloading for the amount I have right now. I need to draw a line in the sand and make this week work. I will be playing just the a handful of tournaments a night and focusing on each one of them very hard. 

Let's see how this goes. I have faith in my skill, I just need to get the confidence back with a nice score before the MiniFTOPS starts this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment