Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tough Day-very hard to get anything going

Early Tuesday morning and I decided to play the morning sked of tourneys. Usually populated by Russians and other Euros, it is definitely the easier way to make money. The downside to the weaker players is the volatility of the action. Very often I can find myself with either 200bbs or out of the tournament in the first two hours (my style usually waits for better spots to get the money in and I almost always make it through the first two hours of tournaments). 
Today was a crapshoot like no other. In one, I was up to 250bbs in the first hour. Lost two races and an 80-20 and I was out. In a qualifier for the Sunday brawl I ran into a guy that pot raised called a 50bb allin with 97o headsup for the ticket. Second was $80 but this guy was so happy to get his money in no matter what spot, he was obviously happy to see he was up against my 66. Why shove with 50bbs and 66? Well he had raise-called several all-ins in similar spots with any ace and being down 2-1 in chips I needed a double. Maybe if I had know he would have called there I would have waited. Ohwell. 

It has been 7 sessions since a win and can get frustrating. The good part about it is that I have been able to maintain small loses in my losing sessions and have gone down very slowly while the jumps usually pretty decent. 
I know I have been playing well, I am just waiting to get to that spot deep where I can win a race to make the final table and take something down. Things are getting dry around here and I'm hoping for something to happen this week. 

I am positive it will. I am playing all the weaker players and getting in great spots. In the $11 cubed I was in a sick double up spot for 3rd in chips heading to the money. 

With a short all-in and a good stack for it. I flatted the button. The sb came along and I just called his flop bet and raised all-in on the turn.

It wasn't to be. A dirty river and I went busto. I went out quite quickly from the other two I was in and am almost relieved to be done. 

I know the one-outers will come back to me. They always do. I would just prefer to hit my one-outer when deep in a tournament for a huge pot as opposed to early in the $3rebuy for a small pot.

I AM GOING TO GET DEEP THIS WEEK__

No comments:

Post a Comment