Friday, February 18, 2011

16.5 Hour Losing Day

I've put in a lot of long days in my time playing online. I have played for over 24 straight, some days with 20 hours played and a tiny afternoon nap and over 20 15+ hour days. What I usually find at the end of those long days is that I have had a winning session. For the most part the reason for the long days is that I have been playing well and have made some really deep runs in some mtts. Today I put in a long day. I play late last night from midnight to 430am, slept for 5 hours and played for much of the rest of the day. I just finished now, and had a deep run in the $3rebuy. Having the chip lead with 36 players left I thought I was in the right spot for the win. With my leading stack around 60bbs, it certainly wasn't deep as I ran a couple big hands into slightly bigger ones. I had set myself up perfectly to double up with 20bbs after a loose player utg raise 3x and a weak Russia flatted with his 22bbs. I jammed from the button with 33 and the original raiser folded, only to have the Russian snap call with 66 and hold for a top 5 stacks. Out in 26th.

I also made a deep run in the 2pm but faded away in the 50s I think. I am getting pretty frustrated as it feels like I haven't made a deep run in a long time. I did cash for $879 on Sunday but then I also withdrew again and now my bankroll is at a pretty modest amount again. I know I am playing well early and am just waiting for the deep run and my chance to outplay people. It just seems I pick up a hand in some tough spots of late and can't get away from it.

I wasn't down a lot by any means, however $132 is a lot worse than the expected $900 I should be earning in that time. I think I'm playing live cash game tomorrow night so I'll have lots to talk about in that way I'm sure. Its been a slow month (only up around $2500) but I know it will turn around if I keep putting myself in the spots to win. 

Things will definitely happen, just have to wait for the spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment